Open, breathe, relax, let go…. These mindful, meditative and deep workshops are suitable for anyone needing to make space and time to breathe deeply, reconnect with their bodies and still their minds. You will experience practical antidotes to the stresses of modern life – from the postural issues of sitting on chairs and hunching over computers to the ‘busy brain’ effects of constant stimulus and psycho-social pressure.
Gentle and opening asanas build up to stronger poses and back down again to a restorative practice; all sequenced to prepare the body for meditation, mantra, pranayama and yoga nidra (deep relaxation).
Each workshop will have different content and follow a theme to support an aspect of our bodies and minds relevant to the time of year or season. Suitable for all levels and a great complement to a more dynamic practice.
Read my article What is a De-Stress Yoga Class? for more info
For Teachers: these workshops count as Yoga Alliance UK CPD hours as I am a registered Senior Teacher – please get in touch to let me know if you will need proof of attendance. Also see Teaching Yoga for Stress and Burnout, and for ME/CFS and Yoga for Digestive Health Workshops.
Yoga Bodhi, Bath
Saturday 9th February 2019, 2-5pm
De-Stress Yoga: Wringing out the Tension
- £30 (£25 if booked in advance, see website)
- Held at Yoga Bodhi, 8 Bartlett Street, Bath BA1 2QZ
Following nature’s design, this workshop will explore the spiralling and twisting that our bodies respond to with such relief and gratitude. While stress and physical habits can leave us feeling locked in and rigid, opening and revolving in and around our spines help us find space and freedom.
Upcoming Dates in Brighton – Sundays 2-5pm:
Brighton Natural Health Centre
- £28 / £25 conc.
- £5 discount if more than one workshop booked at a time at this venue
- 27 Regent Street, Brighton BN1 1UL
- Booking at Brighton Natural Health Centre website or on 01273 600010
January 27th 2019 – New Year: Letting Go With Grace
Our lives, bodies and minds go through continual and natural cycles of gathering and letting go. The ‘new year resolution’ can often have the effect of forcing these issues when we may not be ready and give ourselves a hard time when they don’t stick! This workshop uses breath, yoga postures and mindfulness meditation to explore what we’re truly ready to release and be present for the process of clearing out ready to make space for what the coming year might bring.
March 17th 2019 – Release from the Centre Out
Through an explorative practice of much spiralling, rolling and undulating, you will be guided with the kind space to listen inwardly and respond to your deepest physical and emotional needs. Pulsing and rocking movements in and around the belly and centre help to gently coax out stresses, tensions and traumas that we can tend to store in these depths, allowing them to to rise out from the unconscious and be observed consciously. This can lead to feelings of space, ease and relief as we let go of that we no longer need to hold on to.
Future dates: May 12th, July 14th 2019
Happy Workshop Attendees have said:
- ‘Charlotte was amazing – calming and inspiring at the same time. You never realise how little you actually breathe or how much tension you carry around until someone shows you how to release it. This was the first time in a long time I actually felt relaxed. It was fantastic.’ – Isabelle, Marketing Director at Wahanda
- ‘Thanks Charlotte, for the Saturday workshop; it was wonderful to be so relaxed yet so revitalised from the session. The energy and calmness stayed with me not just for the weekend but for a good time after. I wish every month could start that way…’ – Sam, Steyning
- ‘I just wanted to write to say how fantastic I thought the workshop was. The three hours flew by and after the class my back was the least uncomfortable it has been in months. I also felt incredibly comfortable with your style of teaching.’ – Lara, Brighton
- ‘What a wonderful workshop …just great, I loved it….the pace is perfect, thanks again.’- Frances, London