Open, breathe, relax, let go…. These mindful, meditative and deep workshops are suitable for anyone needing to make space and time to breathe deeply, reconnect with their bodies and still their minds. You will experience practical antidotes to the stresses of modern life – from the postural issues of sitting on chairs and hunching over computers to the ‘busy brain’ effects of constant stimulus and psycho-social pressure.
Gentle and opening asanas build up to stronger poses and back down again to a restorative practice; all sequenced to prepare the body for meditation, mantra, pranayama and yoga nidra (deep relaxation).
Each workshop will have different content and follow a theme to support an aspect of our bodies and minds relevant to the time of year or season. Suitable for all levels and a great complement to a more dynamic practice.
Read my article What is a De-Stress Yoga Class? for more info
For Teachers: these workshops count as Yoga Alliance UK CPD hours as I am a registered Senior Teacher – please get in touch to let me know if you will need proof of attendance. Also see my Yoga Teacher Workshops & Training here.
Yoga Bodhi, Bath
2018 dates TBC
De-Stress Yoga: Wringing out the Tension
- £30 (£25 if booked in advance, see website)
- Held at Yoga Bodhi, 8 Bartlett Street, Bath BA1 2QZ
Following nature’s design, this workshop will explore the spiralling and twisting that our bodies respond to with such relief and gratitude. While stress and physical habits can leave us feeling locked in and rigid, opening and revolving in and around our spines help us find space and freedom.
See full description and book here – scroll down the page to this event
Upcoming Dates in Brighton – Saturdays/Sundays 2-5pm:
Brighton Natural Health Centre
- £28 / £25 conc.
- £5 discount if more than one workshop booked at a time at this venue
- 27 Regent Street, Brighton BN1 1UL
- Booking at Brighton Natural Health Centre website or on 01273 600010
Sunday 24th June – Soften and Release Upright
Modern stress patterns and postural habits often have us curling into ourselves and shutting down the fronts of our bodies. This is often felt from the psoas muscle that allows us to stand upright and where tightness and tension can be the cause of many lower back, hip, belly and breathing issues. Here we will explore this deep muscular channel in a progressively softening, loosening, fluid and opening manner to be felt into release in our whole bodies and minds, allowing easier upright strength.
Sunday July 22nd – Grounding for Calm Mind
We root to the ground through our feet and connection from this body part furthest from our busy minds is a source of connection and calming for our bodies and minds. In this workshop, we explore waking up the architecture within our feet to access calming points for the nervous system, to create strong platforms to support more energised and standing postures and then supported inversions to raise their perspective and blood flow down to our heads for a soothing effect.
Happy Workshop Attendees have said:
- ‘Charlotte was amazing – calming and inspiring at the same time. You never realise how little you actually breathe or how much tension you carry around until someone shows you how to release it. This was the first time in a long time I actually felt relaxed. It was fantastic.’ – Isabelle, Marketing Director at Wahanda
- ‘Thanks Charlotte, for the Saturday workshop; it was wonderful to be so relaxed yet so revitalised from the session. The energy and calmness stayed with me not just for the weekend but for a good time after. I wish every month could start that way…’ – Sam, Steyning
- ‘I just wanted to write to say how fantastic I thought the workshop was. The three hours flew by and after the class my back was the least uncomfortable it has been in months. I also felt incredibly comfortable with your style of teaching.’ – Lara, Brighton
- ‘What a wonderful workshop …just great, I loved it….the pace is perfect, thanks again.’- Frances, London