Open, breathe, relax, let go…. These mindful, meditative and deep workshops are suitable for anyone needing to make space and time to breathe deeply, reconnect with their bodies and still their minds. You will experience practical antidotes to the stresses of modern life – from the postural issues of sitting on chairs and hunching over computers to the ‘busy brain’ effects of constant stimulus and psycho-social pressure.
Gentle and opening asanas build up to stronger poses and back down again to a restorative practice; all sequenced to prepare the body for meditation, mantra, pranayama and restorative postures.
Each workshop will have different content and follow a theme to support an aspect of our bodies and minds relevant to the time of year or season. Suitable for all levels and a great complement to a more dynamic practice.
Read my article What is a De-Stress Yoga Class? for more info
For Teachers: these workshops count as Yoga Alliance UK CPD hours as I am a registered Senior Teacher – please get in touch to let me know if you will need proof of attendance. Also see Teaching Yoga for Stress and Burnout, and for Fatigue Conditions and Energy Support and Yoga for Digestive Health Workshops.
Charlotte’s Yoga for Digestive Health Workshops are also suitable for those interested, who have yoga experience.
Yoga Bodhi, Bath
Sunday 21st June 2020, 1-4pm
Free Your Neck and Shoulders
- £30 (Early bird price £25 if booked before 21st April 2020)
- Held at Yoga Bodhi, 8 Bartlett Street, Bath BA1 2QZ
Modern living and hunching over desks can have us throwing all our stresses up into our neck and shoulders. This has the effect of tightening our jaw and head and can create tiring and tight breathing patterns. In this workshop we will soften into our whole bodies by freeing this area with depth and compassion. We will then explore how upper body fluidity allows us to nurture both strength and relaxation in different flavours of postures.
To book, click here and scroll down.
Upcoming Dates in Brighton:
Brighton Natural Health Centre
- £28 / £25 conc.
- £5 discount if more than one workshop booked at a time at this venue
- 27 Regent Street, Brighton BN1 1UL
- Booking at Brighton Natural Health Centre website or on 01273 600010
2-5pm Sunday May 10th 2020 – Where Stress meets Bellies and Lower Backs
Modern stress patterns and postural habits often have us curling into ourselves and shutting down the fronts of our bodies. This is often felt from the psoas muscle that allows us to stand upright and where tightness and tension can be the cause of many lower back, hip, belly and breathing issues. Here we will explore this deep muscular and emotional channel in a progressively softening, loosening, fluid and opening manner to be felt into release in our whole bodies and minds, allowing easier upright strength and body-mind support.
Bi-monthly Mindful & Somatic Yoga Workshops, Hove
Fridays 10am-12pm, about two a month, see dates and themes below
- UMEUS Therapeutics on Third, Langford Suites, 8-16 Third Avenue, Hove BN3 2PX
- 8 spaces maximum as small group focus – please book in advance or text Charlotte on 07776137390 to check if places on the day
- £15 – book in advance via this link
- £48 for block booking of four (£12 each) – buy via this link and let Charlotte know which dates you are using for
- £12 concessions price (low income, retired, benefits etc) – book in advance via this link
- £40 concessions block booking of four (£10 each) – buy via this link and let Charlotte know which dates you are using for
A yoga journey to open up the body and soothe the brain and nervous system. Beginning with a meditative, somatic practice, we arrive into the body and meet ourselves where we are. From this grounding, awareness and attunement into our inner landscape, we can then move from the centre in a more integrated way, feeling out what we need moment to moment. So whether the journey through different postures involves floorwork, standing, dynamic or restorative, there is the space and kind attention for each person to move in ways that feel safe, supportive and opening. In this way we can ease open muscles, fascia and posture in a safe and body intelligent way, with an emphasis on the breath and kind, mindful attention.
Specific focus themes for upcoming dates:
- April 24th – Smooth Transitions – in body and mind to meet the seasons
- May 8th – theme to come
- May 29th – theme to come
- June 19th – theme to come
- July 10th – theme to come
- July 24th – theme to come
Happy Workshop Attendees have said:
- ‘Charlotte was amazing – calming and inspiring at the same time. You never realise how little you actually breathe or how much tension you carry around until someone shows you how to release it. This was the first time in a long time I actually felt relaxed. It was fantastic.’ – Isabelle, Marketing Director at Wahanda
- ‘Thanks Charlotte, for the Saturday workshop; it was wonderful to be so relaxed yet so revitalised from the session. The energy and calmness stayed with me not just for the weekend but for a good time after. I wish every month could start that way…’ – Sam, Steyning
- ‘I just wanted to write to say how fantastic I thought the workshop was. The three hours flew by and after the class my back was the least uncomfortable it has been in months. I also felt incredibly comfortable with your style of teaching.’ – Lara, Brighton
- ‘What a wonderful workshop …just great, I loved it….the pace is perfect, thanks again.’- Frances, London