Weekly drop-in classes and courses at Brighton Natural Health Centre
All class and course details below
- 11.30am – 12.45pm Healing Yoga All Levels – drop-in
- 12-12.45pm Community Meditation Class: Moving & Still – drop-in all-levels
- 2-5pm also monthly De-Stress Yoga Workshops – all levels – more info here
- 10 – 11.30am Hatha Yoga All Levels – drop-in
HEALING YOGA DROP-IN CLASS – ALL LEVELS
- Mondays 11.30am – 12.45pm
- Drop-in price £10/ £9 conc. – class cards can be used
- To book or for more info, go to the Brighton Natural Health Centre website or call 01273 600010
- No classes 25th Dec 2017 and 1st Jan 2018
This is a restorative class with gentle, somatic (deeply felt) movement to help facilitate recovery from illness and injury, but also perfect for anyone looking for stress-relief and deep body connection.
Charlotte safely and intuitively helps students to reconnect to their bodies at a pace that suits them. Classes include yoga asanas (postures), pranayama (yogic breathing) and meditation – all at levels and depths that can be modified to suit individual needs. Props are used to help the body open up and support muscles that need protection as they are encouraged to strengthen at a safe rate.
There is a strong emphasis on connecting with the breath, to help guide students to feel embodied, to cultivate presence and to accept whatever arises in each moment. Inviting tension release from the body and stilling the mind in this way helps us both cope with and facilitate recovery from a wide range of conditions, including stress-related illnesses, ME and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Click here to read the article What Is a Healing Yoga Class?
‘Charlotte is a sympathetic teacher with a gift for passing on as much of her expertise as her pupils can manage. She is patient, intelligent, clear-sighted and dedicated to her subject. She runs a yoga class specifically designed for anyone needing de-stress and recovery and it’s proved a boon to me and others, helping us to return to health and exercise in a gentle and positive way. I recommend her very highly.’ – Alison Smith, London
HATHA YOGA DROP-IN CLASSES
- Sundays 10-11.30am: All Levels Drop-in at Brighton Natural Health Centre, 27 Regent St, Brighton BN1 1UL – £10/ £9 conc. and class cards accepted
- No classes 24th and 31st Dec 2017
A yoga journey to open up the body and relax the brain and nervous system. Postures can be standing, sitting; dynamic or restorative and are sequenced to ease open muscles and posture in a safe and body intelligent way, with an emphasis on the breath and kind, mindful attention. I teach in a way where space is given to open up in each posture to your own body needs on that given day and props may be used to facilitate safe practise and optimum alignment. We will wind down with some restorative postures and full relaxation.
‘Charlotte is a brilliant yoga teacher. She is very knowledgeable about how to restore the body’s balance, which makes me feel rejuvenated. She is thorough, gentle, practical and intuitive, knowing just the right comment to assist me at just the right moment.’ – Denise, Brighton
NEW COMMUNITY MEDITATION: MOVING & STILL – DROP-IN ALL LEVELS
- Tuesdays 12-12.45pm (no classes during August 2017)
- Community class price drop-in £4.50
- Proceeds from this class will go to the migrant yoga class.
- No classes 26th Dec 2017, 2nd Jan 2018
This class is open to anyone looking to find peace, calm and mind-body connection. It will draw on meditation practices from yoga, Buddhism, Zen, modern mindfulness and other disciplines, taught in a non-religious way with an emphasis on embodied awareness and self-compassion. There will be a mix of gentle moving meditation, standing, lying and sitting, with modifications available for all physical needs.