Weekly drop-in classes and courses in Brighton
All class and course details below
- 11.30am – 12.45pm Healing Yoga All Levels – drop-in at Brighton Natural Health Centre
- 12-12.45pm Community Meditation Class: Moving & Still – drop-in all-levels at Brighton Natural Health Centre
- 6.30-7.45pm Hatha Yoga & Meditation Class – drop-in all-levels at Brighton Natural Health Centre
- Mindful Yoga All Levels – Please note that the weekly Sunday morning class has now stopped due to issues with the venue. I will be returning with a monthly Sunday morning or afternoon session soon (still in central Brighton) – to be announced imminently!
- 2-5pm also monthly Mindful and Somatic Yoga Workshops – all levels – more info here
MINDFUL YOGA DROP-IN CLASS
- Please note that the weekly Sunday morning class has now stopped due to issues with the venue. I will be returning with a monthly Sunday morning or afternoon session soon (still in central Brighton) – to be announced imminently!
A yoga journey to open up the body and soothe the brain and nervous system. Beginning with a meditative, somatic practice, we arrive into the body and meet ourselves where we are. From this grounding, awareness and attunement into our inner landscape, we can then move from the centre in a more integrated way, feeling out what we need moment to moment. So whether the journey through different postures involves floorwork, standing, dynamic or restorative, there is the space and kind attention for each person to move in ways that feel safe, supportive and opening. In this way we can ease open muscles, fascia and posture in a safe and body intelligent way, with an emphasis on the breath and kind, mindful attention.
Charlotte Watts and Nicky Crabb share teaching of this class on different weeks. The class has been running since Charlotte set it up in 2010, just had to move recently from its previous home at Brighton Natural Health Centre. Suitable for all levels including beginners.
‘Charlotte is a brilliant yoga teacher. She is very knowledgeable about how to restore the body’s balance, which makes me feel rejuvenated. She is thorough, gentle, practical and intuitive, knowing just the right comment to assist me at just the right moment.’ – Denise, Brighton
HEALING YOGA DROP-IN CLASS – ALL LEVELS
- Mondays 11.30am – 12.45pm
- Drop-in price £10/ £9 conc. – class cards can be used
- To book or for more info, go to the Brighton Natural Health Centre website or call 01273 600010
- No classes 25th Dec 2017 and 1st Jan 2018
This is a restorative class with gentle, somatic (deeply felt) movement to help facilitate recovery from illness and injury, but also perfect for anyone looking for stress-relief and deep body connection.
Charlotte safely and intuitively helps students to reconnect to their bodies at a pace that suits them. Classes include yoga asanas (postures), pranayama (yogic breathing) and meditation – all at levels and depths that can be modified to suit individual needs. Props are used to help the body open up and support muscles that need protection as they are encouraged to strengthen at a safe rate.
There is a strong emphasis on connecting with the breath, to help guide students to feel embodied, to cultivate presence and to accept whatever arises in each moment. Inviting tension release from the body and stilling the mind in this way helps us both cope with and facilitate recovery from a wide range of conditions, including stress-related illnesses, ME and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Click here to read the article What Is a Healing Yoga Class?
‘Charlotte is a sympathetic teacher with a gift for passing on as much of her expertise as her pupils can manage. She is patient, intelligent, clear-sighted and dedicated to her subject. She runs a yoga class specifically designed for anyone needing de-stress and recovery and it’s proved a boon to me and others, helping us to return to health and exercise in a gentle and positive way. I recommend her very highly.’ – Alison Smith, London
COMMUNITY MEDITATION: MOVING & STILL – DROP-IN ALL LEVELS
- Tuesdays 12-12.45pm (no classes during August 2018)
- Community class price drop-in £4.50
- Proceeds from this class will go to the migrant yoga class.
This class is open to anyone looking to find peace, calm and mind-body connection. It will draw on meditation practices from yoga, Buddhism, Zen, modern mindfulness and other disciplines, taught in a non-religious way with an emphasis on embodied awareness and self-compassion. There will be a mix of gentle moving meditation, standing, lying and sitting, with HATHA YOGA & MEDITATION DROP-IN CLASS
- Fridays 6.30-7.45m: All Levels Drop-in at Brighton Natural Health Centre, 27 Regent St, Brighton BN1 1UL
- £10/ £9 conc. and class cards accepted
A yoga journey from explorative movement towards settling into stillness to end with a guided meditation, with space left for silence. Emphasis in the moving practice will be around awakening body connection and awareness, through a focus on spinal movement and how we open out from the centre to the periphery. Postures can be standing, sitting; dynamic or restorative and are sequenced to ease open muscles and posture in a safe and body intelligent way, lead by the breath and kind, mindful attention. Students will be supported to practice at the level of their body needs. The ending meditation can be practised seated or lying where needed, and support for meditation posture will be given. It will be 10-15 minutes of the class and follow differing focuses, all lead in through Mindfulness of Breathing.