Increasing your protection against COVID-19
A lot of our mental capacity is currently taken up by COVID-19; the impact this is having on our day-to-day lives and may have on our health.
It is important during this time that we take our information from valid sources and that we do our best to support our immunity and mental wellbeing. Below I hope to offer you some tips and support during this time of uncertainty.
The nature of my teaching and the classes
Somatic & Mindful Yoga:
A yoga journey to open up the body and soothe the brain and nervous system. Beginning with a meditative, somatic practice, we arrive into the body and meet ourselves where we are. From this grounding, awareness and attunement into our inner landscape, we can then move from the centre in a more integrated way, feeling out what we need moment to moment. So whether the journey through different postures involves floorwork, standing, dynamic or restorative, there is the space and kind attention for each person to move in ways that feel safe, supportive and opening. In this way we can ease open muscles, fascia and posture in a safe and body intelligent way, with an emphasis on the breath and kind, mindful attention.
- Somatic & Mindful Yoga: Tuesdays 6-7.30pm – a more restorative evening class; low to the ground somatic movement (may be both laying and seated) down to full rest and a long, guided savasana
- Healing Yoga: Thursdays 11.30am-12.30pm – class organised via Brighton Natural Health Centre: use this link for more details and to book (not including in Charlotte’s monthly pass, but will be in BNHC class passes)
- Somatic & Mindful Yoga: Saturdays 10-11.30am – a more energising morning class; starting seated to move towards standing and down to the ground for full rest, still with plenty of space, time to feel and the integration of the pause
For further information, click here
Calm Club Bundles
Supporting health & happiness through modern stress – with yoga, somatics, nutrition & mindfulness
These programmes are aimed at those who are looking to develop a calm life and provide tips, support and resources to create a feeling of calm. The bundles available are:
- Quietening a Busy Mind – Yoga, meditation, mindfulness and nutrition tools to help soothe hypervigilance so common in times of stress.
- Making Peace with Fear – Yoga, meditation, mindfulness and nutrition tools to meet and soothe the fearful inner voices that lead to anxiety.
- Inner Spring Cleanse – Yoga, meditation, mindfulness and nutrition tools for immune strength, energy, clear mood and good sleep.
- Kind Resilience – Yoga, meditation, mindfulness and nutrition tools to help you sail through challenging times with coping and calm.
- Grounding & Self-Regulation – Yoga, meditation, mindfulness and nutrition tools to grow inner resources that bring down stress, trauma and anxiety.
- Sleep Quality – Yoga, meditation, mindfulness and nutrition tools to help you reach and maintain full, refreshing and renewing sleep.
- Self-Care – Yoga, meditation, mindfulness and nutrition tools for the home care that boosts your health, mood and energy.
- Courage & Heartfulness – Yoga, meditation, mindfulness and nutrition tools around the compassion we need to cope with stressful times.
- Finding Gratitude – Yoga, meditation, mindfulness and nutrition tools to support our ability for contentment and ease through life’s ups and downs.
You will find these particularly helpful for support during the Covid-19 crisis.
Each bundle will include:
- An introductory video
- 1 workbook supporting your explorations
- 1 long yoga video
- 1 downloadable audio version of the long yoga video
- 1 shorter yoga video
- 1 audio meditation
- 1 recipe book
3 programme bundles to support stress-coping, energy, mood and immunity:
- Reducing Anxiety & Fear Package – includes Quietening a Busy Mind, Making Peace with Fear and Grounding & Self-Regulation.
- Cultivating Coping Resources – includes Kind Resilience, Courage & Heartfulness and Finding Gratitude.
- Healing and Energy Support – includes Sleep Quality, Self-Care and Inner Spring Cleanse.
Yoga for Immune & Respiratory Health
Right now, as we navigate the Covid-19 pandemic, the usual boundaries between the outside world and our internal landscape have shifted in ways we could not have anticipated. Plunged into rapid-response mode, we are fire-fighting; bodies and minds racing to keep up with the most appropriate and effective responses to current threat and danger.
Two body systems at the heart of these responses are the immune and respiratory systems – how we protect ourselves and how we breathe. Given the nature of the coronavirus, these two functions are of optimal interest at the moment – supporting their function may not prevent us picking up or contracting the disease, but how we move, breathe, reduce stress and eat can have an affect on how our immune system deals with it and the severity of symptoms.
Respiratory & Immune Support at Home – your capacity for self-care
For those of you reading this blog during the coronavirus outbreak, my aim is to give you some useful information to help your support your optimal health. This applies during this time, but is also important on a daily basis – our respiratory and immune health can determine our quality of life. Self-care is a key part of the kind attention and self-compassion that gives us the resources to be able to care and look out for others.
It can also provide reassurance that you are taking the self-protective action that can help quell a sense of fear that can come from feeling out of control. It is important to be able to sit with and meet feelings of vulnerability (please see Brene Brown’s work on this!); we can notice what we can control, so we can develop some ease and adaptability around that which we cannot.
Respiratory & Immune Support at Home – focus on the breath (including free meditation album)
Following my series on the self-care measures you can take at home to support your innate immunity, this week we will look at the breath, and how bringing awareness to the quality of your breathing can support your immune potential, as well as your respiratory health.
At the end of the article there is a link to access Charlotte’s album De-Stress Meditations: Calming in Belly and Heart for free to support you during these times where coming into embodiment via the breath is such an important resource. Please feel free to share this with anyone you know may be in need of calm and fostering safety.