Les Passeroses, South-West France
June 27th – July 4th 2020 (7 days)
This is the fifth year I’ll be returning to Les Passeroses for more of Alex and Adrian’s fabulous cooking, their amazing garden and lovingly (and tastefully!) restored venue. The constant sounds of birds and frogs is always with me for long after, not to mention sightings of the coypu (small beavers!) in a nearby pond….
This week will be dedicated to guiding you to feel calm, connected, restored, rejuvenated and content. Mixing mindfulness within yoga practice and through meditation space and personal exploration is a profound and enjoyable way to let go off the stresses of day-to-day life. The teachings for the weekend will be somatic, explorative, restorative, meditative and influenced by Feldenkrais, Qi Gong and other practices that step away from an emphasis on reaching particular forms or goals within asana. Through embodied awareness, there will be an emphasis on recognising and offering kind attention to the habits and expectations we may spend our time retreading in our work and personal lives.
Les Passeroses has great rooms and a dedicated yoga space, all amongst a beautiful environment based on space, nature and nurture. There is a large oval pool, surrounded by wooden decking and a tiled terrace where you can enjoy the heat of the sun, or relax in the shade of the gazebo and enjoy the panoramic country view. Steps to the side invite you to explore the large garden, an ongoing project and personal passion for the owners. You can also enjoy the more intimate garden rooms, lake, potager and open spaces.
Outside dining takes place on the opposite side of the house from the pool, under cover of a charming roofed and decked terrace, taking advantage of the warmth of the sun at lunchtime and cooler shade at dinner. Your yoga practice in an oak floored barn, may be warmed by a light breeze to a soundtrack of chirruping cicadas. There will be plenty of time to swim in the invitingly clear pool, warm yourself on its sunny terraces, maybe a walk in the countryside or even a relaxing massage before your next delicious meal….
The holiday includes:
- Two yoga sessions daily – opening and energising in the morning and relaxing and restoring before dinner. Suitable for all levels and modifications always available.
- Optional nutrition talks and silent walks
- New menu based on the cuisine of different countries every year, using seasonal produce grown in Les Passeroses’ kitchen and herb gardens and orchard, along with market bought organic goods when and if available.
- Day off mid week to explore the surroundings – after lunch we visit the beautiful town of Angouleme. Dinner is at a restaurant there, after which we are picked up – transfers for the visit are 15 Euros for both ways.
- On-site therapies available in a private and secluded chalet, for hot stone massage, aromatherapy, sports massage, reflexology and more, with lovely and talented local therapist Jan (who also makes the organic toiletries in the rooms and for sale). Prices range from 30-60 Euros per treatment.
- Feel free to contact Charlotte with any questions at all.
Rooms available on the June 27th – July 4th 2020 (7 days):
- Sharing with two others (triple ensuite room) £725
- Sharing with one other (twin or double ensuite room) £750 – twin only left now
- Sharing with one other (twin with shared bathroom) £725 – not available
- Single room (shared bathroom) £780 – not available
- Single room (ensuite) £905 – not available
- Luxury Garden Lodge (single) £960
- Luxury Garden Lodge (couple, per person) £735
Provided in the rooms:
Super soft towels
A pool towel each
Organic and eco-friendly handwash, bodywash and shampoo. All made exclusively for us by our massage therapist and aromatherapy expert, Jan. These are presented in large bottles designed to be refilled. If you would like to take home these products they are available to buy in suitcase friendly sizes.
What you won’t find…
Wi-fi throughout the property (although it is available in the guest kitchen) or any TV’s. We encourage you to switch off as much as possible.
Previous happy yoga holiday feedback:
“Charlotte’s clear enthusiasm meant time practising yoga seemed to fly by. Clear and concise instruction, delivered in a fun and friendly way, meant the yoga was the star of the show. Throw in incredible food, some de-stress nutrition talks, meditation, silent walks, massage from local therapists and plenty of laughter and good company along the way, and you have a recipe for restoring body, mind and soul.” – Martin Clark, editor Om Magazine
“Many thanks for a great week of yoga and relaxation. You are a gifted teacher. The week really was balm for the body and soul and I felt so rested and refreshed when I came back.” – Olive, Brussels
Lisa and I just wanted to say thank you so much for the fantastic week we spent with you at Les Passeroses last week. The Yoga and Mindfulness sessions were fantastic allowing us both to relax and improve our practice in what was a open yet safe environment. The venue was great and the group dynamic only added to our enjoyment. We have already been waxing lyrical to all who ask us about our week and comments have been made about how well we both look. Thanks again, your generosity, care, thoughtfulness and good humour was very much appreciated from the minute we met up in Paris to our goodbyes in London.” Lisa & Kevin, Nottinghamshire, UK
The owners have been careful to retain many original features at Les Passeroses, with oak floors, exposed beams, stone fireplaces and window sinks in some rooms. All of the boutique style bedrooms in the main house are now en-suite, simply yet stylishly furnished with touches of luxury provided by high thread-count bedding and super-soft towels. There is an enticing Moroccan influenced guest salon, with hi-fi, DVD player, library and gift stand – the perfect place to enjoy after-dinner mint tea and conversation. The spacious guest kitchen and dining room allows you to help yourself to fruit, snacks and hot and cold drinks throughout the day.
The Yoga Space:
A former barn has been transformed into an inspiring yoga space. With its dramatic tented ceiling and solid oak floor it is the perfect place to discover or deepen your practice. Large doors open onto far reaching views over the pool, into the countryside or down to the lake, letting you feel at one with nature. The large space is generously equipped with mats, blocks, bolsters, bricks, straps, chairs and blankets and wall ropes.
Praise for Les Passeroses:
“An enchanting garden – full of scents and colours, light and shade. The Indian and Morrocan food days were sensational. Thank you for looking after us so well.” – J Clarke
“Your attention to detail is amazing, your sense of design, and your generosity is really appreciated – so much better than any other retreat I have been on.” V King
- Prices do not include flights, transfers and the evening meal on the day off – £150 deposit payable to secure a place to Charlotte Watts for either holiday.
- Balance is payable 6 weeks before start date of the trip – can be paid with credit or debit card or by any of the methods below.
Booking Your Place:
- Deposit can also be made through bank transfer to Ms Charlotte Watts, Cooperative Bank, Sort: 089299, Account: 69243840. If a non-UK bank account, you may also need these details:IBAN: GB33CPBK08929969243840BIC/Swift: CPBKGB22
- Deposit can also be made via cheque – email Charlotte to arrange
- Price is per person either single or sharing as arranged and includes all food, yoga tuition and optional nutrition talks.
- See cancellation terms below
Les Passeroses lies south of the town of Angouleme which is the main administrative centre of the Charente department in the region of Poitou-Charentes, South West France. It is easy to reach from all over the UK and Europe by air or rail, with Eurostar from the UK or anywhere else via Paris or Lille a very relaxing choice. You can book a return trip from £109 by either going directly to www.eurostar.com and choosing Angouleme as your destination, deciding whether to change in Lille or Paris if from London, UK. Charlotte will send details of her travel booking, so you can join the same train to make transfers easier; this will be 3 months before travel when bookings are open to Angouleme. Alternatively you can contact Rail Canterbury on 01227 450 088 who will be happy to help. You should aim to arrive at Angouleme Rail Station however you decide to travel. From there we can arrange to transfer you to the centre and back again – transfer costs 30 Euros both ways.
You can also fly to Bordeaux, get the train (35 mins) to Angouleme and then get a transfer to the venue.
We may be able to arrange transfer directly from an airport – contact us for details and cost. Flights to France: FrenchEntrée Flight Map. Use the FrenchEntrée flight map to provide information on the airports and airlines which you can use to fly from UK & Ireland to France.
Email Charlotte for further travel information, including directions and GPS co-ordinates for car travellers and help with travel from other countries than the UK.
Terms and Conditions of Booking: Deposits are non refundable and expressing an interest in a holiday cannot hold a place without a deposit. Please note the balance of holidays and retreats is due in full at least 6 weeks before the holiday starts. Failure to do so may result in re allocation of your place. Cancellations cannot be refunded within 6 weeks of the holiday. Cancellation 6-10 weeks prior to the holiday will get 50% refund. Individual holiday insurance is recommended to be taken out at the time of booking. Prices do not include flights or transfers. Rooms are shared unless stated otherwise and allocated pre holiday. Preferences to be given to Charlotte at time of booking. Booking is taken as acceptance of these conditions.
If you then cannot attend for any reason, please inform us in writing, but the following conditions apply:
- Whilst we would wish to treat cancellation sympathetically our spaces are limited and the following charges must be applied. If your space can be filled, there may be the possibility of transferring your place to a future retreat, but this is at our discretion, otherwise:
- From registration to 6 weeks (44 days) before departure – loss of deposit (*if I can fill all 18 places, deposit can be transferred to a future retreat if you need to change)
- 43-28 days before departure 50% of total price
- 27-14 days before departure 65% of total price
- 13- or less before departure 100% of price
If you are not sure you’ll be able to come, please let us know as soon as possible so we can discuss and find the best outcome.