with Charlotte Watts 500RYT SYT (Yoga Alliance UK)
Our immune system is the basis of our defence and protection, but also healing and rebuilding. Understanding how it shapes our boundaries between the outside world and our internal landscape is key to supporting how it can respond appropriately to perceived threat and danger. When we get stuck in heightened responses of survival (such as inflammation or autoimmunity), we cannot be in growth and healing modes at the same time. The relationship between our immunity and how safe or unsafe we feel at any time are intrinsically linked and we can explore these through embodied practices.
Also see Charlotte’s trainings on Teaching Yoga for Stress and Burnout, and for Fatigue Conditions and Energy Support. As Charlotte is a Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance, her workshops and retreats also count as CPD hours.
Yoga for Immune Health
Suitable for yoga teachers, wellness professionals and those with yoga experience who are interested in this course.
Upcoming dates (click on links of venue details below to book):
- Manchester: Yogacampus, Deansgate – 18th April 2020, 9.30am – 5.30pm – this event has been cancelled due to coronavirus, but will be rescheduled
Our immune system is intimately and non-separately bound up with our nervous, digestive, fascial, lymphatic, hormonal, integumentary (skin) and other body systems. We will explore these and how they relate to movement, embodied awareness, breath and self-compassion.
There will be three main areas of discussion that weave in the medical and scientific viewpoints with yoga philosophy, Ayurveda, Functional Medicine principals, naturopathy and contemporary anatomy – e.g fascia, psycho-neuroimmunology (PNI) and embodiment. These will then be explored through physical (yoga and somatic), meditative and breath practices to take away tools to help with:
• Inflammation – as part of the stress response, that become on high alert with overstimulation and hypervigilance
• Healthy defences – supporting our boundaries and self-protection physically and emotionally
• Autoimmunity – self attacking self and the call to compassion and self-soothing that this is communicating
What you will learn?
• How the skin contact, pressure, movement and stimulation of physical movement can support immunity via the lymphatic system and fascial hydration
• How the inherent stress reduction of a mindful practice can reduce inflammatory responses, allow detoxification, healing mechanisms and support immune modulation and appropriate immune expression
• How embodied and self-compassionate practices can help restore kind relationship with self; including clear distinction between our internal and external worlds that is part of boundaries and self-protection
You will receive a Yogacampus certificate on completion of this workshop.
Course feedback from previous Yogacampus training:
Thank you Charlotte. A thoroughly interesting workshop that felt very holistic. A perfect combination of mind and body. I came here this morning very much in my head, and by the end of it I feel connected to my body and my mind, and very complete. – Adi Frankovitch
Two fascinating knowledgeable teachers and a deep, well-rounded course that has provided me with new tools to my practice and teaching. – Fern Ross
Charlotte and Leah have created a brilliantly structured course to give clear learning and practical application on a complex area of great difficulty…I feel they have taught us skills safely and compassionately. – Emily Young
Charlotte and Leah create a most open and affirming environment in which to learn and grow. A wealth of experience and knowledge combined with a natural ability to engage, listen and encourage self-realisation. I felt a great sense of belonging and positivity throughout, thank you for sharing. – Lou Wellby
I thoroughly enjoyed the 3 days. I have learned so much and I’m looking forward to putting it into practice! Leah & Charlotte bring a fabulous balance of knowledge, experience, and practice. They held the space beautifully – I felt safe to explore with ease. – Josie Harrington
Leah and Charlotte embody the practice with charm, humour and intellectual rigour. They provided me with a safe space to re-connect to my teaching and my true self. – Lisa Williams
Really enjoyed the course and found both teachers knowledgeable and approachable. Have attained a lot of ideas to implement in classes. – Mavis Graham