Anna Magee, co-author of The De-Stress Diet reveals her dieting history
Read how Charlotte’s co-author and friend Anna Magee struggled for years with body and food issues until finding liberation with the easy and natural principles laid out in The De-Stress Diet.
In her frank and honest article in You Magazine in The Mail on Sunday 23 September 2012, she charts her journey through different dieting plans until finding satisfaction and happiness – mood, sleep, bloating and skin issues were replaced with energy, an easy relationship with food and natural weight loss that stayed off.
See the full article here to see how Anna got to:
- swapping ‘will this make me fat’ with ‘how will this make me feel’
HOW TO FIGHT THE FAD:
- Diet Coke
- No breakfast
- Coffee for hunger pangs
- No dressings
- No butter
- More coffee to keep going
- 90-minute runs
- Body Pump classes
- Calorie counting
- Carb-loading binges
- A-lister diets
- Skinny thighs
- Will this make me fat?
- Coconut water
- Cooked breakfast
- Almonds or brazil nuts between meals
- Healthy fats (olives, avocado, seeds, nuts) at each meal
- Olive, sesame or nut oils with balsamic
- Butter (especially on veggies)
- Lindt 70 per cent dark chocolate with wasabi
- Ten-minute breathing or walking breaks every 90 minutes
- Walking everywhere
- Short high intensity interval training (HIIT)
- No limits organic, whole food
- Slow-release energy
- Who cares?
- Strong is the new thin
- How will it make me feel?
Dr Marilyn Glenville PhD:
‘Easy to read, powerful information for both your health and your weight’
Leading UK nutritionist specialising in women’s health and author of ‘Fat around the Middle’.
‘An intelligent, holistic and – most importantly – healthy plan for weight loss that could change the way you eat – and behave – for life.’
Perri Lewis, Editor