The De-Stress Effect – Calm & Connection Retreat at Brooklands Barn, Arundel
Friday 2nd – Sunday 4th November 2018 (2 nights)
Based on her book The De-Stress Effect, Charlotte Watts guides you to feel the effects that your own challenges have left and meet how your stresses are showing in your body. This 3 day retreat in a luxurious setting is designed to both help you come back to whole and explore how you can naturally protect yourself from the effects of stress, through an explorative yoga practice, body awareness, mindfulness and nutritional choices. In this way, you can help yourself to become calmer, more able to cope and free from stress-related symptoms such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, IBS, weight gain and skin issues.
Whether you have experience in any of these fields or are meeting them for the first time, Charlotte’s ability to put them into the context of modern life, explain the science in a palatable way and help you understand your own cravings and responses will help create new habits to help you adapt and become more resilient to life’s pressures.
All topics covered will be practiced experientially, so you can feel, rather than think your way to calm, happiness and health. You will be guided through enquiries to help you identify the best changes for you to make that fit into your life and have best effect.
On booking, you will have the opportunity to buy The De-Stress Effect at a reduced rate if you wish to read it beforehand. You will also receive an ebooks of the recipes cooked sent to you after.
Charlotte Watts is a highly experienced and award-winning Nutritional Therapist and Yoga Teacher. She is author of many books, including her latest The De-Stress Effect (Hay House 2015) and she also writes regularly for Om Magazine, Healthista and What Doctor’s Don’t Tell You. She currently teaches for Yogacampus and lectures for The Minded Institute, having previous lectured for The Institute of Optimum Nutrition and the College of Naturopathic Medicine.
Prices for two nights (Fri-Sun):
- £480 shared/ £420 early bird price*
- £570 single/ £510 early bird price*
*if booked before 2nd Sep 2018
Included in the price:
- All yoga classes, talks and food
- Use of the indoor pool and outdoor sauna
- Recipes you try sent by ebook
Not included in the price:
- Travel to the venue
See the Brooklands Barn website for more details on the venue, location, travel and all other practicalities!
Beautiful, delicious but simple food will be prepared buffet style for each meal, discussed as part of the talks and recipes provided afterwards, to help you make changes when you’re back at home. You will be asked to switch off your phone and any devices before the yoga session when you arrive on Friday to have a full break from screens and constant stimulus. There will be wifi on site should you need to check with home, but please consider this an opportunity to examine habits that can keep us over-stimulated and stressed. You will be given the number of the venue should anyone need to contact you.
Here’s a rough idea of the timetable. Times to be confirmed and subject to change:
- 4pm arrival
- 5.30-7pm somatic and restorative yoga class
- Evening welcome talk
- Morning mindfulness self-enquiry & yoga
- Breakfast buffet
- Long lunch with food & nutrition talk about the contents after – focus on cravings and how food can support stress-coping
- Afternoon yoga for stress relief
- Restorative yoga and meditation before bed
- Morning mindfulness self-enquiry & yoga
- Breakfast buffet
- Long lunch with food & nutrition talk about the contents after – focus on good digestive health for whole mindbody support, including stress responses
- Afternoon mindful movement and walking meditation
- Retreat ends 4pm
Testimonials for The De-Stress Effect Course:
“I followed this programme with a focus on managing my anxiety and wanting to feel calmer and happier in myself and my life. The combination of a good, healthy and full diet, mindfulness, self compassion, yoga and strength training have really made this change for me. I was doing a lot of this on and off already but bringing it all together with a real focus on curiosity about, and learning from, my experiences has made a massive difference to how I am feeling. Thank you so much Charlotte.” – Sarah, Brighton
“Quite simply it has changed my life. At 43 I thought I was destined for a life of no energy, low mood, anxiety and anti-depressants. Following this programme has changed all that and I feel like a new woman. I was also able to give up the couple of cigarettes I was smoking a day without the gnawing cravings experienced when I’ve stopped previously.” – Lara, Brighton
“I found Charlotte’s book, the diet, the yoga, the general living advice to be very very helpful, especially the calming effects of being around Charlotte herself. I have more energy, am less stressed and lighter on the scale and my hair is shiny, my eyes brighter. The yoga helped me to calm down A LOT and I found Charlotte herself very pleasing to listen to, her voice, the meditations, her reflections shared with us were all very calming, sometimes amusing and always useful in that you could apply it to your own life.” – Annabel, Brighton
Payment terms and booking
A non-refundable deposit of £90 is required to confirm your place*. The balance is due no less than 6 weeks prior to the event and can be paid with credit or debit card or by any of the methods below. You may also pay in full at the time of booking if you prefer or in instalments if arranged. Bookings made less than 6 weeks prior to the event must be paid in full. See cancellation terms below.
* if I can fill all 16 places, deposit can be transferred to a future retreat if you need to change
To send me £90 to reserve your place, you can pay in one of the following ways and email me to let me know how money is on its way:
- Click this link to pay with a debit or credit card even if you don’t have a Paypal account
- Send a cheque payable to Charlotte Watts to 254 Dyke Rd, Brighton BN1 5AE
- Transfer directly into my bank account: Ms Charlotte Watts, Cooperative Bank, Sort code 089299, Account number 69243840
Please include your full name. I will send you back a full booking form to complete your booking.
You will be the contacted for the remaining balance to be paid 6 weeks before the start date of the retreat.
Please note that whilst I will do everything possible to adhere to the programme and details laid out above, some things are outside my control, and therefore I reserve the right to make changes if necessary.
- Brooklands Barn, Priory Lane, Arundel, BN18 0BG
- 01903 889515
- Brooklands Barn is situated just 20 minutes from Bognor Regis or Worthing.
- See map here.
Directions to Brooklands:
Coming from the west along the A27 – when the A27 dual carriageway from Chichester changes to single lane traffic, heading into Arundel, you will see the White Swan Hotel on your left. Take the right hand turning signposted Tortington, opposite the White Swan Hotel. Take the left fork and follow the single track land until you come to another fork in the road. Take the left fork, Priory Lane and follow this lane along until you come to ‘Brooklands’ on your right. Turn right into the driveway and left around to the car park.
From the east, follow the A27 just past Arundel, and then from the roundabout that intersects the A284 and the A27, take the exit signposted Ford/Climping (Ford Road). Priory Lane is about 1 mile south from the roundabout, it is the next turning on the right after Maxwell Road. Once on Priory Lane, Brooklands is the first left and then left around to the car park.
Satellite navigation: You may find that our postcode does not pinpoint our location exactly.
These are the GPS coordinates: North 50.845250 West 0.572570 which you can enter into Google map or Sat Nav.
Travelling by rail:
Arundel station has direct links from London Victoria and London Bridge (1.5 hours). Arundel station is a 5 minute taxi ride from Brooklands. Castle Cars is located at Arundel Station (01903 884444).
If you then cannot attend for any reason, please inform us in writing, but the following conditions apply:
- Whilst we would wish to treat cancellation sympathetically our spaces are limited and the following charges must be applied. If your space can be filled, there may be the possibility of transferring your place to a future retreat, but this is at our discretion, otherwise:
- From registration to 6 weeks (44 days) before departure – loss of deposit (*if I can fill all 18 places, deposit can be transferred to a future retreat if you need to change)
- 43-28 days before departure 50% of total price
- 27-14 days before departure 65% of total price
- 13- or less before departure 100% of price
If you are not sure you’ll be able to come, please let us know as soon as possible so we can discuss and find the best outcome.