As many of you have heard, Nicky and I need to move the venue of the Sunday class from Brighton Natural Health Centre from January 2019. This has been a difficult decision I set up that class nearly 10 years ago, but we feel it is the only way we can continue to give up our Sundays. We love teaching the class and want to find a way to carry on with the wonderful regulars built-up that works for us too.
You may have noticed that the centre will be running a class that they have billed as “All Levels Yoga with various teachers” but to be clear, this will not be taught by Nicky or me. We will honour any BNHC class passes bought in 2018 (not from 2019!), so do let us know if you have one of those and we will sort for you.
I will continue to teach all of my other classes at BNHC.
We have found a venue that is suitable for the class size, which is not easy in Brighton as most studios do not rent regular classes at weekend as they save the space for workshops and trainings. This is New Fit Studio on York Place, which is also close to BNHC (about 7 mins walk) so doesn’t make too much difference to your journeys.
Please bear with us through this period of transition (especially in the first 4 weeks as you’ll see below) – we would prefer not to move but really believe that it is the class and the people who come who make it the supportive space for us to meet. We will try the new arrangement for 3-6 months depending on how it goes and take it from there…. Please come so we can keep going!
- The last class at BNHC will be December 23rd
- No classes on Dec 30th and Jan 6th
Then classes start back from 13th January and the best place to see details and book is through this link: https://www.meetup.com/Mindful-Yoga-with-Charlotte-and-Nicky/events/ – there the info below on different class details for the first few weeks is clearly within each date.
Opening launch classes at New Fit Studio (full venue details below) Sunday 13th and 20th January:
The venue has prior bookings at 11.30am on 13th and 20th January, so we are offering a reduced rate class at 10-11.15am, which will also help us to get a feel for the space and system. Everyone can just pay £5 (£4 concession) for both of these dates and then we will start proper the week after, January 27th!
Different venue Feb 3rd only – The Loft at Little Dippers:
- This will be for one week only as New Fit already had a booking in this week….
- 40-42 Upper Gardner St, Brighton BN1 4AN
- This is a lovely studio, but unfortunately do not take weekly bookings at weekends!
Timings from 27th January (just 3rd Feb at The Loft) onwards:
- Time will stay the same – 10-11.30am
- Someone will be at the new venue from 9.30am to let you in, take payment etc
The venue – New Fit Studio, 24-25 York Place, Brighton BN1 4GU:
- This is opposite St Peter’s Church, a few doors down from Hisbe – between Hisbe and Aldi – link to Google maps location
- It looks a bit shabby from the outside, but the studio size and floor are good
- There are no changing rooms and just one toilet, so it will be easiest if you wear clothing you can easily transfer from outside to yoga practice
- Very close to the train station
- Best parking is either Brighton Metropolitan College (you need to reserve or pay for a space via the JustPark app) or the London Rd car park on Providence Place which is one of the cheapest in the city centre (and sometimes you can reserve cheaper via the JustPark app)
- You can still get buses to North St and walk or all of the buses that go via London Rd stop close by eg 5, 5a, 5b, 25, 46, 49 etc
Fees and payments:
- We will be offering a reduced rate to ensure the class stays successful – £9 drop-in or £8 per class when bought as 5 class bundles at £40 (£8 a class) – except the special introductory price of £5 for the 13th and 20th Jan classes
- You can still pay cash and we will have the facilities to take card payments, but we would prefer if you pay in advance if possible, by one of the following routes:
- Our preferred route if you are paying £9 a class is to book through Meetup, which you can either use online or via the app through this link: https://www.meetup.com/Mindful-Yoga-with-Charlotte-and-Nicky/events/
- £8 concessions price (low income, retired, benefits etc) – to book in advance, use this Paypal link
- £40 block booking of 5 classes (£8 a class) to be taken within 3 months of buying – use this Paypal link – you will be given a class card at the next class you attend.
- We will honour any BNHC Class Cards bought in 2018 but not new ones from 2019