This incorporates many De-Stress Superfoods that we encourage always feature in the hearty salads that you make. The healthy fats in avocado, walnuts, oily fish and olive oil can truly satisfy appetite and alongside the addition of some fruit, lessen any likelihood of craving a desert after.
Extra tip: this dish keeps particularly well in the fridge for a packed lunch the next day
See De-Stress Superfoods:
2 smoked trout or mackerel fillets
2 large apples, chopped into small chunks
2 stalks celery, chopped into small slices
1 medium to large avocado, cut into chunks
1 tbsp walnuts
Handful red grapes
1 tbsp live Greek or plain yogurt
Grated zest of half an orange
Drizzle of olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Small bag of green leaf salad, herb leaves, watercress or romaine lettuce
- can replace yogurt with olive oil for a dairy-free alternative
- if you are having a small starchy carbohydrate portion, a few small boiled potatoes with their skins are good for lunch
- can add more salad veg eg cucumber or asparagus, especially if wanting to avoid starchy carbohydrates at night
- Simply grate the orange coloured part of the orange to make the zest.
- Mix the apple, celery, walnuts, grapes, avocado, yogurt and orange zest in a bowl to make the waldorf salad.
- Put the fish on a plate, drizzle with a little olive oil and black pepper to taste. Serve with the orange waldorf salad and leaf salad.