Barriers to regular exercise
The De-Stress Diet Trouble Shooting Special
“I don’t have any time to exercise.”
- Pull out your diary and take a serious look at your week.
- Where are there gaps?
- Where can you make time?
- Who can help you make time?
- Choose 2 half hour slots to fit in your fitness activities.
- Revisit this process every Sunday night or another time of your choice during the week which feels like a starting point so that you plan when your activities will slot in.
“I am not fit enough to do these activities.”
- The whole reason you have chosen to start exercising is to get fit. The guidance you receive in The De-Stress Diet and via this site will be measured and safe. So get started.
“I have no equipment to use.”
- If you have no equipment and would prefer not to buy any, use cans of soup at home, moving to bigger ones when you feel stronger.
- Purchase some dumbbells and tubing with handles at your local shop or online.
- Join a gym if you don’t already have one. This choice is not for everyone so make sure you feel comfortable with it before spending the money.
“I hated gym class as a kid and exercise still fills me with terror.”
- It is not gym class anymore. This is your life, you have control over what is happening.
- Identify which activities you did not like and choose not to do those or, try them with a friend now and see if you react differently as you are older and are in a situation of your choosing.
“I have an injury which I am worried about.”
- Consult your Doctor or Physiotherapist before moving into an activity plan. They will be very realistic about when you are ready to start.